The Goff Building: Clarksburg, Jewel of the Hills

 

 
HomeDowntown ClarksburgOffice FacilitiesLocationFeatures and Factoids

The Historic Goff Building in the Heart of Downtown Clarksburg

"A People Who Have Not the Pride to Record Their History Will Not Long Have the Virtues to Make History Worth Recording; And No People Who Are Indifferent To Their Past Need Hope To Make Their Future Great." --Virgil A. Lewis, West Virginia Historian

The Goff Building is the Premier Location for Lawyers Practicing in North Central West Virginia: Contact Lisa Furbee Ford, Esq. (304) 626-3116 (vox27@aol.com) for additional information. In the heart of downtown Clarksburg, we are located next-door to the Harrison County Courthouse and across Main Street from the Clarksburg Municipal Building.


GB1Pic.jpg


GB2Pic.jpg


The Historic Goff Building is Included in the National
Register of Historic Places. It was Commissioned in
1908 by Nathan Goff: Lawyer, Statesman, Entrepreneur, and Secretary of the Navy Under President Rutherford B. Hayes. The Building Was Completed in 1911. The Structure
was Designed by Architect Frank Pierce Milburn.